20 Methods to boost Alexa ranking
Many bloggers have asked me about how they can boost Alexa ranking. After writing about several SEO secrets and methods you can use to increase your Alexa ranking. Most of these methods are referred from a number of experienced digital marketers and the positive results they have achieved with Alexa Ranking.
- Let start by installing the Alexa toolbar or browser extension SearchStatus and set your website as the homepage. This is the most basic step.
- Put an Alexa rank widget on your website. I have used this method and amount of clicks per day significantly increased after 1 week. Each click counts as a visit, even when the Alexa toolbar is not installed by those who visit it.
- Encourage others to use the Alexa toolbar. These people include friends, fellow webmasters as well as your visitors. You give this link for the instructions and tried to install as well as its benefits.
- Use the toolbar at the office. Install the Alexa toolbar or a browser extension and set your website as the homepage for all browsers on every computer in the office. This would be really useful if your company uses a dynamic IP address.
- Send website to your friends. This method is unlikely to boost Alexa ranking, however it may also be useful in some cases.
- Writing articles about Alexa. Webmasters and bloggers are so excited to read the headlines regarding how to boost Alexa ranking. They will link to you and send you targeted traffic (ie visitors with the Alexa toolbar installed). This will eventually boost Alexa ranking.
- Advertise your website in forums. All webmaster usually have the Alexa toolbar installed in their browsers. By attracting webmasters you will end up eventually receiving useful feedback. You should also send feedback to the community if you have any article or information that may be to the community´s interest.
- Write content related to digital marketing and web design. The important thing is that you have to “push” the content on social media and forums related to digital marketing and web design.
- Alexa redirects the path to your website. Try the following link: http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect?www.yourwebsite.com. Put this path as a redirect in blog comments or forum signatures. This path will be calculated for each IP one time, so click on it repeatedly will not help 😉 Of course, there is no evidence to justify the redirect is really beneficial for your website or not. Nevertheless, you should be using this method with caution.
- Post on forums or in social networks in Asia. many users in Asia, especially in East Asia love to use the Alexa toolbar for some reason I personally don´t know. This is demonstrated by the presence of many asian sites in the top 500 of the Alexa ranking. You should try to use this method only if you have the time and ability.
- Create a section and name it “Tools for Digital marketers/Webmasters“, “Resources” or “Freebies” on your website. This usually attract the attention of most digital marketers and webmasters. the website SEO Book is a very good example for your reference.
- Get Digg, tumblr and stumbleUpon. Using this method gives you a large amount of guest visitors which will impact positively and boost Alexa rank.
- Use PPC campaign – Pay per Click. Advertising on search engines such as Google or Exact Seek is also a way to help you get a large amount of traffic. It gets even more useful if your ad is closely related to Digital marketing and Web design.
- Create a category named Alexa on your blog or website. This category should contain articles and news about Alexa. This is not only a source of useful information for digital marketers and webmasters, but also help you to improve your ranking on alexa and search engines.
- Optimize your popular posts. You put the widget or chart (graph) under the articles. Link to articles on your Alexa or use Alexa redirection on your path. This is how you get a lot more traffic from the search engines that will help boost alexa ranking.
- Put your banner and link on the website or digital marketing/webmaster forums to attract traffic. Advertising works just fine to attract more traffic to your website, and thereby significantly increasing your rankings. Make sure to be careful to not be notified as a spammer.
- Hire digital marketers or bloggers to “spread” the word about your website. These digital marketers/bloggers will make sure to post your website in all the related forums, social medias and websites related to your niche. They will also put signature link to your website. Creating valuable backlinks to your website is on of the most effective SEO strategies I recommend.
- Request users within your network reach to install the Alexa toolbar and set your website as the homepage on their computers.
- Use MySpace. Here’s one of my little”shady” trick. Use the banner and attractive images and link them to your redirected Alexa path. This black hat method can be extremely effective if your content is actually relevant to the MySpace community.
- Try Alexa auto-surfs. This black hat method is specially effective for new website to quickly boost Alex ranking. Note that, it is not recommended to use auto surfs along with Adsense ads. You also need to keep in mind that this method is not a long term solution to boost Alexa ranking for your website, so you should use it with caution. you have a couple of other options you can use instead of Alexa auto-surfs. I would recommend the following applications: Rankboostup, alexa.lr2b, alexasurfing and alexamaster.
However, to implement white hat long-term strategies to increase Alexa, you need to focus on developing quality content with quality backlinks to attract traffic instead of using some black hat tricks that may harm you in the long run. Websites with good content will attract traffic naturally and organically. I tried via this article to put some light on different white and black hat methods available in the digital marketing industry.