SEO tips and warnings
I would like to share with you my SEO tips and warnings. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the most important part of any web based business. No SEO means no organic visitors. so how do you improve your site’s SEO? here are some of my SEO tips and warnings that could come in handy.
No SEO mean No organic visitors. Even do SEO seems to be a mystery for most people, there are ways and criteria you can learn and use to optimize your website, improve your keyword ranking in search engines and so boost your organic traffic.
Search engines are always improving their algorithm to position pages accordingly. Today and after Google’s most recent local algorithm update, the rules have changed for local SEO. The best thing you can do for local search success is to take all the energy you put into trying to fool Google and instead use that energy to make your website better. Take a long look at your website and check your competitors’ sites. What can you do to be better? You know that your potential customers will be looking at multiple websites, so optimize and make your website the best in your industry.
Tips / warnings to Improve search engine optimization
- No SEO means no visitors from search engines. If you don’t do it than search engines will not be able to categorise and rank your website for keywords relevant to your business.
- Both on-site SEO and off-site SEO are required. You can’t achieve good results doing one without the other.
- Reciprocal links do matter to Google. Reciprocate with similar websites and include keywords near the links on your website. (A reciprocal link is an agreement between two webmasters to provide a hyperlink within their own website to each other’s website. Generally this is done to provide readers with quick access to related sites, or to show a partnership between two sites.)
- Interior links (interlinks) within your site will improve SEO; Sitemaps are a great way to generate internal links and make your website better.
- If you want to optimize well for your city, state etc., make sure to use geographic search terms throughout. Include it in text as well as set apart. Search engines do not know where you are unless you tell them. Google webmaster tools is another place where you can update your geographic position.
- Correct broken links, search engines do not like dead ends.
- Bold and italics can make your keywords stand out more with the search engines.
- Go to google and type in “keyword research” and you will find many tools that mixed with common sense should suffice quite well to provide you with the best keywords with high traffic that could world for your business. Google Keyword planner is the best and recommended tool to use.
- Search engine algorithms access your website based on the keywords used in the content on your page. Also make sure that you are not spamming search engines by using the same keyword over and over again.
- It really comes down to just using common sense. Just sit down and think, “What would you or other people search to find your type of service, product or content? Try phrases in your keyword research tool to get new ideas and find the higher trafficked most targeted phrases. You can use tools to get ideas on new keywords, search patterns of users…
- The most important thing to remember is the purpose of nearly all online advertising is to get your website to the top 3 pages of the search engines, so that when someone is looking for what you sell or offer, your page shows up. This free advertising is the most powerful and high conversion marketing strategy in the world today. Businesses pay billions of dollars a year to companies like Google for tiny little ads that do not give enough information to even attract the right kind of client. The reason that it works though is because the ads are so small. A tiny ad that grabs someone’s attention will also cause them to click on things in the site looking for what they thought the ad was saying. That is valuable traffic that then increases the ranking in the search engine because it does not take a lot of real traffic to get your page to the first 3 pages of the search engines. While some sites get tons of traffic every month most don’t so it is pretty easy to knock most sites out of the top and get your site seen.
- Never participate on any kind of link exchange with other sites which may lead to a ban from search engines.
- Don’t create duplicate websites.
- Never Repeat to much your Keyword with Bold / Emphasis. It makes your article unreadable and hurt user experience.
- Remember that if you use black-hat SEO techniques, you run the risk of getting penalized by the search engines and having your web site permanently removed from their index.
- Never have hyperlinks like “click here”, hyperlinks should always be keywords, long hyperlinks with multiple keywords are even better.
- If you are going to use freelancers, beware of duplicate content. Always make sure to check the content that you get by searching for the content on Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- Don’t hide content.